Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lunch Notes

Bella is in first grade this year and gets to eat lunch at school.  She likes it, but, tells me she still wants to be home eating lunch with me.  (aww, isn't she sweet?) 
The first day she came home to tell me that her friend's mom puts notes in her lunch.  That was a hint for me to start writing little notes and putting them in with her lunch. 
I write the note after Bella goes to bed and place it in her lunch bag, along with the rest of the goodies she will eat the next day.  Every morning Bella hops out of bed and runs down to the kitchen, opens the refrigerator pulls out her lunch bag and checks to see if the note is there.  She also reads the note at this time.
I did this note writing for a couple of days, only to be informed that this "friend's mom" now writes jokes on her napkin (we use disposable napkins, so, it would be the same note every time).  So, there I was searching for a good kids joke to write for her.  I also asked her to wait until lunch time to read it so she will have something to look forward to. 
I have been enjoying the little notes.  She loves telling me all about it after school.  So sweet.
I better enjoy it now.  I'm sure in a few days I will be notified that the "friends mom" is now writing dissertations and somehow I will have to compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment